VisAI is a tool built to give power to developers creating AI in Unreal Engine. It includes a unique theory that is powerful yet easy to use, an expansive set of modular features to use while creating AI, tools to help you create & debug your AI, and much more. It’s been in production since 2018 and will continue to evolve with the help of it’s community.
VisAI uses The Behaviour Foundation ; a custom AI theory that harnesses the power of popular methods such as Utility AI , GOAP , State Machines , and Behaviour Trees . It’s powerful, optimized, and easy to work with from start to finish. Whether you’re a veteran programmer or a newly inspired designer, you’ll be able to pick up VisAI quickly.
Your AI’s lifecycle should be straightforward and manageable. VisAI provides intuitive tools, systems, and much more to help support you along the way.
With the help of its community, VisAI adds new features frequently; giving you new tools to use with your AI. The project was originally built in Unreal Engine 4.7, and has since stayed compatible with all engine versions.
A lot of AI use Event Based AI, meaning they calculate what to do based on what is currently happening. This is not intelligent or reactive. VisAI is a Data Driven AI, meaning it calculates decisions based on current available data. The AI is acting based on what it thinks it should do. Similar to how we think!
VisAI was built for the long-term. Modular and Streamlined code make it easy to change specific functionality to meet your needs exactly. You’ll be able to integrate it with virtually anything compatible with Unreal Engine.
Companion was created to give developers a reliable and flexible base for making intelligent RPG, Narrative, Puzzler, or similar AI companions. It includes a large amount of features designed to give you quick access to creating your unique AI. Not only does it include a flexible AI base, it includes a variety of systems designed to give your player maximum interactivity with the AI. Commands, Interaction, UI, and much more has been built for you and is ready to be completely customized to your needs.
We’ve filled this package with everything you’ll need to create the ultimate Companion for your game. From templates, systems, examples, and much more; you’ll have everything to build exactly what your game needs.
If your game could use a Companion AI that has 10+ commands, a full featured command UI, can interact with the world, changes behaviour based on relationships, and much more; this pack is for you!
We’ve packed it full of features & systems to make adding new commands & features incredibly easy.
To truly create an engaging and intelligent AI, you need to give it the option to interact with & react to the world around it. We’ve provided a fully featured interaction system, dynamically adjustable relationships & reactions, and much more to give your AI a true realistic feel.
Worried if your AI character will work? The answer is always yes. You’ll be able to adapt the AI’s brain to work with any setup, regardless of what you’re using already. Each template also comes with an optional animation blueprint!
With VisAI’s Behaviour Foundation, you’ll be able to create and manage your AI’s behaviour in a modular format. Controlling the way your AI thinks is as simple as designing a condition & outcome. Utilizing EQS is as simple as running the query and returning the data to your AI. No matter what AI you’re building, VisAI can handle it efficiently.
The Companion AI Class was built to provide a solid foundation that can be built upon. You’ll find an advanced, reactive AI that’s packed with powerful features designed to save you time.Companion is the ultimate foundation for companion-like AI, providing a huge amount of code for developers looking to get a head start.
The Enemy AI Class was built to provide a basic enemy for the Companion AI. It provides an enemy AI that will attack all enemies in sight. You can easily add to, modify, and remove any part of the AI’s functionality to fit your needs. The template was built with customization in mind, and has been crafted to make the process as quick and seamless as possible.
You’ll find 3 example templates for interactable objects that you can use to expand your living world! Everything is highly commented as usual, and you’ll find a variety of settings/functions to help you.
With Companion at your fingertips, you’ll have all the tools and features you need to create the ultimate Companion/Commander. We’ve pre-loaded the Companion AI with 10+ commands, interaction ability, and much more.
Have a multiplayer game? Not a problem! You’ll be able to easily adjust who can control the AI with settings, or by overriding the functionality to your needs.
Interact with your AI using the UI or hotkeys! Easily add your own commands to the UI to give players easy access to commands. You can also use this as a starting point for AI narratives during interaction, as it’s highly extendible.
You can easily create & manage the commands that are available to your AI. You’ll follow a straightforward process that allows you to create new commands in just a few steps.
Interact with the world around you, see the details of interactive objects, engage with your AI using hot-keys or the visual menu, and much more. The Interaction System comes with 3 templates for you to use, as well as lots of examples.
Along with the Interaction System comes a few templates that you can use in various scenarios, or use to build your knowledge of the system. You’ll find a door & 2 variations of button; a push like you see in the picture above, and an overlap which is triggered when something overlaps with it. Each blueprint comes with a huge amount of settings for the functionality offered.
Your AI can change it’s behaviour based on the relationship of the AI around it. If there are enemies nearby, they’ll notice & attack. If there are neutral, they won’t attack unless attacked. Friendly? Even if accidentally damaged, they won’t mount an attack. This can be easily extended to change how the AI behaves in many scenarios.
Your AI, like many RPG AI, uses an Aggression System to determine how it behaves. You can easily define friendly, neutral, and aggressive behaviour for your AI without convoluting your logic!
Your Companion AI also reacts differently to the actors around it based on it’s relationship with that actor.
Because of this setup, you can easily use factors like damage, how many times the player has met the AI, and more to determine the relationship between that actor and your AI. This gives you the ability to create dynamic, changing relationships with your players without over-complicating your work.
Everything from the ground up has been built so that you can easily expand and modify quickly. You’ll find modular functionality, lots of settings, detailed code comments, and much more.
We’ve spent the time so you don’t have to. Your AI is highly bug-tested & ready for new features, a new mesh, and animations!
Our dedication to you won’t end when you purchase. We’ve committed to making VisAI the best AI framework available to Unreal developers!
The learning vault is a vault of free learning resources available to anyone looking for code examples. You can submit your own learning resources to help others too!
You can find product support, product news, new fans, free games, and more in our Community. A lot of effort goes into making it a helpful and supportive environment.
VisAI provides different examples to demonstrate how you can use the framework to accomplish different things. You’ll find highly detailed examples of various AI functionality ready to help you enhance your AI skills.
You can also find tutorials dedicated to specific topics within the framework. More in the works!
You’ll find detailed documentation on VisAI’s website:
Get Support and Stay Updated
Tutorials & Documentation
- Highly Intelligent Companion AI (Integrated with all features below. Behaviour is Influenced by relationships of the actors around them, current command status, and aggression level. Everything you need for a companion. )
- Enemy AI (Basic Attack w/ simple animations)
- Modular, Customizable, Extendable Command System
- Multiplayer Command Authority (Easily define rules for who can command the AI)
- 10+ Commands Existing Commands
- Straightforward Command Creation Process
- Command Hot-keys (Easily define hot-keys by calling a single function from attached actor component)
- Command Interaction UI (Full interaction UI with “conversation like” approach. Players who can command the AI will see a full list of commands. Players who cannot command the AI will see a busy message)
- Modular, Customizable, Extendable Interaction System
- Interaction UI | Crosshair (Changes color when hovered over an interactable to give players an indication of what they can interact with)
- Interaction UI | Details (Displays item details of any interactables with the details component attached to it. Smoothly transitions the information in/out with widget animations.)
- Highly Interactive Door Template (Toggle functionality, auto close, lock, & much more.)
- Push button (Mouse based interactivity, easily integrates with door using object references)
- Overlap Button (Collision based Interactivity, uses material instances to dynamically change color when stood on, easily integrates with door using object references)
- Complete base class setup for quick creation of replicated interactables.
- Companion AI changes behaviour based on the relationship of the actors around it. You can define relationships in any way you see fit, even creating dynamically changing relationships.
- Aggression Level also changes how the AI works. If they are aggressive, they will ignore commands until all known enemies are dealt with. If neutral, they won’t attack unless attacked, and are fully cooperative with commands. Friendly? They won’t attack even if attacked.
- Companion automatically ignores attacks by friendlies. You can easily change this or even modify it to keep someone friendly until they put the AI into the “danger zone” of health. It’s completely up to you!
- Fully Detailed example map with an overview of features as well as lots of notes to help you get started.
- Integrates with virtually any plugin/project
- Built for Everyone
- Various Detailed Examples
- Live Debugging Tools
- Long-Term Support
- Configure many options through Settings
- Automatically generate AI files on the fly
- Automatic “Framework Fork” Generation
- More Advanced Editor Utility Tools in the works
- Give your AI Relationships with those around them
- Tools for Visual, Auditory, and Touch Perception
- Easily Adjustable, Full Featured Health & Damage System
- High Quality, Abstract & Adaptable Memory System
- Versatile Multi-Actor Targeting System
- Room & Highlight based Pathfinding System
- Dynamic AI Decision Making
- Comprehensive AI Designs
- Complex Behaviours with Minimal Overhead
- Modular, Ready-to-go Actions for quick AI setup
- Detailed Comments & Descriptions
- Much more….
|Version 1.x||Version 2.x|
|Universal AI Creation||Yes||Yes|
|Product Type||Blueprint Pack||Engine Plugin|
|Development UI||Behaviour Tree||Unique Graphic Interface|
|C++ Support||Must Expose to BP||Can Develop Natively|
|AI Creation Tool||✅||✅||✅||✅ (v1.4)|
|Subsystem Creation Tool||✅||✅||✅||✅ (v1.4)|
|Child Templates||✅||✅||✅||✅ (v1.4)|
|Hide & Seek||✅||✅||✅||✅ (v1.4)|
|Basic Melee Enemy||✅|
|Health & Damage||✅||✅||✅||✅ (v1.4)|
Pick the version that’s best for you!